Duties include, but not limited to
– Assist Registered Dietitian in Counseling clients and families on special diets and nutritional health for in house and discharge to a home setting. Gather information & Documentation related to individual nutrition status.
– Monitors and participates in food production, quality and acceptance, menu design and nutrient quality and quantity of foods served
– Able to Attend Care Plan Meetings and other facility meetings as directed.
– Participates in departmental continuous Quality Improvement implementation and monitoring
– Able to participate in additional related Job Duties as assigned
– Enforcing safety standards, Follows established infection control and safety procedures. .
– Utilizes the Northeast Center for Special Care values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the Center’s mission.
Associate Degree in related Food & Nutrition
Registered Diet Technician
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – 1 year experience preferred – Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, and family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines governing dietary functions in the long-term care facility.- Must be able to relate information concerning the resident’s condition
WORKING CONDITIONS – Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility’s dietary service areas- Is subject to frequent interruptions.- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff and other department supervisors.- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs/in-services.