Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Food Services.
- Coordinate dietary service with other departments as necessary.
- Works with the facility’s dietician as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc. to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and specials diet orders.
- Prepare and serve bedtime snacks.
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident’s meal tray.
- Review care plans to assure that current dietary information is consistent with foods served.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
Able to work overtime or flexible shifts when needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by responding to this ad, or fax to 845-336-7674